Added by Tomasz H. 27 January 2014 in category: german
Learning German and trying to find the logest German words? I'm sure you are! German really likes to create long words, because the grammar allows words to be strung together. As Mark Twain said, "Some German words are so long that they have a perspective". Let's see the perspective!:)
1. Arbeitsunfähigkeitsbescheinigung (32)
2. Siebentausendzweihundertvierundfünfzig (38)
Seven thousand two hundred twenty-four
3. Rechtsschutzversicherungsgesellschaften (39)
Legal protection insurance companies
4. Binnenschifffahrtskuterkajutenschlüssel (39)
Key from the boat cabin, which is floating on the river
5. Donaudampfschiffahrtsgesellschaftskapitän (41)
Danube steamship company captain
6. Rhabarberbarbarabarbarbarenbartbarbierbierbarbärbel (51)
7. Damenfussballweltmeisterschaftsqualifikationsspielübertragung (61)
The transmission of ...
You probably know that idioms are weird and often have nothing to do with their literal meaning. An idiom is a combination of words that has a figurative meaning owing to its common usage. There're also some funny idioms. Let's learn the meaning and how to use them!
The lights are on but nobody's home
Something that you say when you think someone is stupid.
Example: He really has no clue - the lights are on but nobody’s home!
Off the back of a lorry
If you say that you got something off the back of a ...
Did you know that music has a positive effect on your brain? Apart of being a great entertainment and fun, music can help you learn languages. How? It's easy – music helps your brain to process new informations better and quicker! Let's see why music is such a great tool for language learners.
Your accent in a foreign language is probably better when you sing. So why it isn't so good when you speek? Because the rhythm of the music makes it easier! When you sing you articulate the words correct and thereby you learn the proper ...
We've started a new month, January, and it's good time to see what were the most popular English words in Edustation.
Let's see Top 10 English Words of the Month - December:
- to remove an unwanted covering or a top layer from something, especially using a sharp edge or something rough
e.g. We'll have to scrape the snow off the car before we go out in it
- the outer covering of grain that is separated when making white flour. Bran is added to other foods because it contains a lot of the ...